HELP WANTED: Turf Farm Manager
Greenlawn Sod Company
Fort Collins, Colorado
Turf Farm Manager
Estimated Pay including Bonus: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
300 irrigated acres in production using latest technology in our industry.
Greenlawn Sod Company has been a pioneer in the industry for over 55 years. Our five farms are consistently top performers.
Your passion is farming or turf management
You like working for a small company without much bureaucracy.
You like being rewarded financially for providing results.
You like an “all in” role that focuses on people & performance
You work “smart” doing the right things
Our Farm Manager has responsibility for all phases of turfgrass sod production from seed to harvest. What makes this role even better is the opportunity to manage the business side. You’ll experience the satisfaction of managing your farm’s production/harvesting, delivery & customer service. You have an office, sales & field crew ready to support you.
We utilize GPS and robotics practices. Our Corporate Office has responsibilities for payroll, accounts payable and personnel benefits. We have many long-term, highly-motivated team members on staff.
Key Position Challenges & Opportunities
- Working various operational areas to ensure QC, supervise crews & develop/execute production plans for each season
- Supporting and assisting with Sales/Service and Farm Admin as needed
- Joining other Farm Managers in sharing, learning & growing personal and team talents
- Keeping an eye on financial results including employee retention, safety, sales & a satisfied, stable customer base
Position offers a strong base salary, performance bonuses, company vehicle and full benefits; medical/dental, retirement, paid time off; vacations, holidays.
– Experience working Farm Management; minimum of 5 years
– 4-year degree with emphasis in Agronomy or Turf Grass Management is a plus
– Experience with chemical and fertilizer programs helpful
– Willing and able to work hours needed throughout the season. Sod production is seasonal with more time off in the winter and longer hours in the warmer months.
– Seeking a career role in the sod/agricultural industry
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Submit resumes to: email@example.com