- Board of Trustee's
- Honors, Awards & Scholarships
- Working Groups
- The Lawn Institute
- TPI FAQ's
- Become a Member
Turfgrass Producers International (TPI)
TPI is the only worldwide association committed to the advancement of the turfgrass sod industry. Through the education of its members, product users and various green industry and government entities, the association serves to encourage the use of turfgrass sod worldwide. The commitment of Turfgrass Producers International (TPI) to its members, the communities they serve and the world around us is best expressed in TPI’s Mission Statement:
“To represent and advance the turfgrass sod industry worldwide through the promotion of improved practices, the professional development of members and the enhancement of the environment.”
TPI was formed in 1967, as the American Sod Producers Association (ASPA), by a group of 40 Midwest United States turfgrass sod farmers who believed their common goals and issues could be better served by combining their resources. In 1994, and in response to ASPA’s growing international membership and visibility, ASPA changed its name to Turfgrass Producers International (TPI). Today TPI is governed by an 11-person Board of Trustees and supported by a four-person staff.
TPI’s membership exceeds 900 and is represented by 70% U.S. and 30% international members. TPI is a unique association where members have an opportunity to interact and exchange ideas with fellow turfgrass sod producers in a non-competitive environment. Click HERE for a TPI Member application!
TPI Member Benefits
TPI provides all members with numerous educational opportunities, professional development, opportunities to share information, member support services related to the turfgrass sod industry and access to numerous benefits including but not limited to:
- Turf News (Award winning bi-monthly magazine)
- TPI’s bi-monthly Business Management Newsletter
- TPI’s monthly E-Newsletter
- Annual Membership Directory
- Turfgrass Lawn Guide sales/marketing brochures at a discount
- Discounted registration rates at TPI Events
- Discounted exhibit booth rates at TPI Events
- Unlimited access to the Turfgrass Information File (TGIF) containing 130,000+ records/resources specific to turfgrass
- Ongoing public relations efforts and advocacy to promote the environmental, economic, community and human health benefits of turfgrass sod.
- Various technical and sales/marketing brochures and booklets
- Insight into the latest innovations in equipment, seed, and related services
- Opportunity to network with other turfgrass sod producers worldwide
- The Turfgrass Forum - Online discussion platform for member's only that can help turfgrass sod producers, suppliers, manufacturers and industry professionals grow their business
- Countless valuable resources available 24 hours a day through the TPI website
One of the most rewarding benefits of being a TPI member is being able to network with industry professionals at TPI events, online at the Turfgrass Forum, or searching the member directory - TPI members grow their businesses together!
Click HERE for a TPI Member application!
TPI's Code of Ethics
- To continually strive toward the betterment of our environment through the production of quality sod
- To place the interests, concerns, and needs of our customers above our own
- To avoid and condemn any practice which might brind discredit to our industry
- To advance our industry through improving our qualifications, encouraging research and exchanging information and experiences
- To observe the Bylaws of the Association and to give ourselves freely for the advancement of its objectives
Click HERE for TPI Bylaws