YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Pallet deposit
tkh
#1 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 1:32:34 PM

Groups:

Does your company charge a deposit fee for pallets and is it fully refunded once the pallets are returned? Is there any deadline to redeem the deposit? Thanks for any assitance.
pineturf
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:48:55 AM

Groups: Registered

We charge a $10 pallet deposit to our regular wholesale customers. For retail business we try to use old store(usually from our seed and fertilizer suppliers) pallets and do not charge a pallet deposit.
Goodturf
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:12:38 AM

We don't charge for pallets on the way out. We do offer to buy them back at a $5 price. We have to inspect them and they have to be in condition to be reused without rebuilding. I have threatened to charge a tipping fee of $5 per pallet that my wholesale customers try to dump on us because they are cleaning out their place. I have not done that. The consequence was that I built up a huge supply of old, junkie pallets I could not use. We carried them to the landfill last fall and it cost $500.
turfman67
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:48:12 PM

We charge $15 per pallet $10 per tube, to get credit at one of our depots customer must bring a copy of receipt to receive credit. On a job site we will p/u any empties and credit their account if its COD if paid in cash we will take credit off right there, if its check/cc it needs to be processed in the office. It doesn't matter how long it takes the customer to return the pallet they only get back what they were originally charged.
allgs
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:36:24 AM

We charge $10 to customers unless they are well known to us. Retail must pay the $10. Anyone picking up and promising to bring them back always have good intentions but the price of fuel seems to catch up with them.
Keep good records and inspect skids when they are returned. We've also had people try to return brick skids etc. to get the deposit back.
It adds up very quickly..charge the deposit!
tater
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:45:22 AM

We charge a deposit for both big roll tubes and pallets. We have no problem sending back unwanted pallets with the drivers picking up short order sod. Our drivers are instructed to sort-out (@ job site) and leave pallets behind that are not generated from our farm.